By – Jay DiPalma, Account Executive at Hometown Insurance Agency
If you are wondering if you need home-based business insurance, answer these three questions to help you decide…
• Use your own equipment to work remotely?
• Meet with any clients in your home?
• Have professional or product liability exposure in your daily operations?
Many people believe their existing homeowners or renters policy will cover any loss or damage to their business equipment, furniture and supplies in the event of fire, theft or other catastrophe, however, your policies usually explicitly exclude coverage for any business exposures on your premises.
RLI, one home-based business insurer that Hometown Insurance writes with, estimates that nearly 60% of home-based businesses do not have insurance. That is a concern when the coverage is affordable and can protect you and your assets if you operate out of your home during your workday.
What if you are only working remote and work for an employer? Are you using your own equipment? Then it should be considered.
Specialty home-based business insurance is not intended for all types of home businesses. It is specifically targeted for over 100 retail and services risks operated from your residence and presents minimal product liability, professional liability and/or off-premises exposures. However, Hometown offers a large array of carriers that do focus on the expanded professional and product exposures that can exist for some home-based businesses.
Hometown Insurance Agency writes this specialized insurance with admitted carriers that are A.M. Best “A+” rated for fiscal soundness.
Home-based business insurance offers coverage for over 145 classes of small retail & service-type home-based businesses at affordable rates.
Some of the Benefits include:
• general liability coverage of up to $1 million
• loss of business income protection up to 12 months
• broad coverage with off-premises theft included
• up to $100,000 (varies by state of risk) comprehensive coverage for business personal property both on- and temporarily off-premises
• up to $5,000 per person for medical payments to customers injured on the insured’s premises
• optional coverage available for Additional Insureds, Money & Securities, Electronic Data Processing Equipment (varies by state of risk)
• direct billing when written and renewal via credit card and ACH
• availability regardless of the carrier providing the homeowners or apartment-dwellers coverage
Call today for your no obligation, no pressure quote, competitive rates starting at just $125 annually, depending on the location and type of business
Your financial well-being is important, protect your home and business with the correct coverage.
We offer a policy review and overall insurance assessment for your business, call me today at 1-800-568-SAVE (7283) or email our general mailbox attn: Jay DiPalma, at: email@example.com.
Hometown is here for you!